Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Taobao Finds For Wedding!

Hi guys!

I was shopping a lot during wedding prep (far from being a minimalist before my wedding) and thought I should introduce the items I got from Taobao, Qoo10 and Daiso which I thought were value for money and have high cost performance! For this particular post I will focus on 10 items I got on Taobao so it doesn't get too long. Then I'll talk about Qoo10 and Daiso on the next. Do note that again I have no affiliations with these vendors and am introducing them based on my experience.

Taobao

I've been shopping on Taobao for 11 years since 2008. I was in Hang Zhou for immersion and that was where I opened the pandora box of Taobao shopping.

When I came back to Singapore, I started using the third party purchasing agent EZBuy. I was with them since they started and were called 65Daigou, and bought a Prime membership with them where I only pay $2.99 each time for shipping. Sometimes I also purchase directly with Taobao sellers when I can't find the item I want on EZBuy Prime. As I buy items like stationery and books (they are heavy!) rather frequently due to work needs, it is very worth it for me to get the Prime membership. If you would like to know how Prime works, do check this page out.

If you are not familiar with EZBuy, use the words suggested in "Search Keywords" to search similar items on Taobao. :)


1. Customized Ring Holder

  • What it is: A ring holder where you can customise your names and wedding date on it
  • Search keywords: 婚礼戒托 + 定制
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy
  • Alternative: Taobao (this shop carries a great variety of wedding stuff!)
  • How much I paid: SG$39.50 (with customization)

I understand that this sounds pricey but it was a great piece to have for my ring bearer to walk down the aisle with. It is now also sitting nicely on my dresser as our ring holder! Love it that you can customize your names and wedding date on it. :) Do note that I added that 2 pink flowers myself. There are loads of these on Taobao so do check them out! But if you don't need something so fancy, the free ring pillow that your jeweler give is sufficient.


2. Customized Xi Word Wall Decal:

  • What it is: Customizable red Xi word wall decal with couple's names and wedding date  
  • Search keywords: 定制 + 结婚/婚礼/婚宴 + 喜字/双喜
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy 
  • Alternative: Taobao
  • How much I paid: SG$6.71 for big one and $5.91 for smaller ones
Pasting Xi word is like the most basic decor for a Chinese wedding. They create the wedding atmosphere easily and are timeless. I customized mine instead of buying off the rack. They are so exquisite yet affordable! My plan is to frame them up so I can use them as decor pieces in our future home. :)

Centre piece in living room. Very visible and you need not paste a lot as it is big.
Simple but yet creates the atmosphere.

A smaller version for corridor, and the round one is on my room door, these are 30cm.

I love this round one as the design is exquisite and the names are small yet elegant. 


3. Artificial Flower Bouquet:

  • What it is: Huge artificial bridal bouquet 
  • Search keywords: 仿真 + 新娘手捧花
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy 
  • How much I paid: SG$31
You might not need this if your bridal studio provides bouquet for your photo shoot and you have a florist to do up your bridal bouquet for your wedding day. I got this as a decor piece for my originally plain and dull bedroom, which is also the bridal room. I thought it was a small bouquet, but it turned out to be huge and heavy! The flowers are very well made and looks quite real so it was quite worth it! I kind of regret not using this as my actual bridal bouquet. This could have looked so much better in photos and so much more robust than real flowers. This was $31. Sounds pricey but good quality artificial flowers are not cheap.





4. Veil

  • What it is: Veil for actual wedding day with comb attached
  • Search keywords: 新娘 + 头纱 + 长 (if you are looking for long ones)
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy (if you are looking for long veil then check this out)
  • How much I paid: SG$6
The Gown Warehouse provides veil that matches your gown. But as I wanted to wear something that my mom made, I ordered this plain veil and had her sew some beading on the comb.


As my gown has a long train with laces and beadings on it, plus I need to be covered for a much longer time than other brides due to church ceremony, I opted for a light and plain veil. If your gown is plain or does not have a long train but you would like to have one, I recommend getting a long veil for your walk in. But one thing to be careful is that there are cream coloured veils too, so when you are ordering, be sure to double check the colour is what you want and matches your gown.


5. Halter Neck Add-On

  • What it is: Add-on worn around chest to make your gown look like a halter neck gown.
  • Search keywords: 挂脖 + 婚纱 + 披肩
  • Where I got mine: Taobao (OOS)
  • Alternative: Taobao
  • How much I paid: SG$21.06 with shipping
Pictures from the alternative shop mentioned above. Mine is exactly the same lace except that mine were buttons, not tied. But tying seems better as you need not worry about size.

Left shows me wearing the add-on in the morning, while on the right I removed it for dinner.

I loved this and am so glad I bought it because I was torn between choosing a halter neck or this dress so with this I could have both! The people at The Gown Warehouse were very impressed by this thing too and was excited to help me put it on when I had my gown fitting. 


6. Bridal Hair Accessory

  • What it is: Bridal Hair Accessory
  • Search keywords: 新娘 + 头饰/发饰
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy
  • How much I paid: SG$13.20

Picture from seller.

This one was bought on impulse. Oops. My bridal studio and MUA do provide hair accessories, but this was so pretty I just... couldn't help it. But hey, it's of great quality and look just like the picture. So if you do need to get your own accessory, you can consider this! It is much cheaper than buying from local shops.


7. Balloons for Children:

  • What it is: Hand held balloons for children or kidults attending the dinner banquet
  • Search keywords: 手拿 + 铝膜气球
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy
  • How much I paid: Around SG$0.70 per piece


Well, in this modern day and time, where children are often over stimulated by all sorts of toys and gadgets, they might not appreciate a balloon anymore. But there are still some who enjoys having one to play with, and it helps keep them busy! These can be blown up with straws, and does not need any helium or pumps.


8. Confetti:

  • What it is: Confetti for guests to toss on you during march-ins
  • Search keywords: 婚庆 + 纸屑
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy and EZBuy
  • Alternative: Taobao or Taobao (There are loads on Taobao! Not just these two.)
  • How much I paid: $0.70 to $1.60 per pack of 10g (circles and heart shapes)


I bought the confetti because I knew petals are not as nice and dreamy as they sound. I've never liked the effect when petals are being tossed for wedding march-in. Real rose petals are heavy and does not fall nicely. From the above picture you can see the difference between light weight confetti and petals.

The petals are gone where as the confetti are still flying.

My double chin though. HAHA. But the confetti effects are so nice!

The confetti I ordered came in 10g a packet. I ordered around 10 packets, but used only 4 in the end. They look like very little but it was more than enough.

10g in each pack.

I also bought disposable bowls to split the confetti, and had my bridesmaids keep them and only distribute them to guests before the second march-in. I highly recommend these! But do check with your hotel if they are okay with confetti.


9. Just Married Banner

  • What it is: Little banner that says Just Married with space to paste photos on
  • Search keywords: 照片墙 + 拉旗 + 结婚/婚礼
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy
  • How much I paid: $4.03

I wasn't specifically looking for this but chanced upon it on EZBuy. Thought it was a steal for just $4. So I bought them and pasted whatever photos I had that were extras. They do act as a nice decor for my reception table. :)


10. Games & Certs Package

  • What it is: A package with games for gate crash, a fun vows and certs for the groom 
  • Search keywords: 结婚 + 接亲 + 游戏卡
  • Where I got mine: EZBuy
  • How much I paid: $5.17

Back of the vows. Too cute.

I bought this solely for the Good Groom Certificate as I want to give to the hubs. He likes LINE characters so I thought it was really apt.



It came with the vow so I got him to sign it too haha! But we didn't have gate crash so we didn't use the games, but it would save your bridesmaids a lot of work if you get these. Do note that they are all in Chinese though.

And that's it!

Do you have any good buys from Taobao? Do share in the comments!

Comments

  1. Very useful information for the couples who planning for marriage.
    For tourist places in India visit.
    TouristBug
    For honeymoon celebration in India please visit.
    Honeymoon Places in India
    You should read about the Char Siddh of Dehradun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Ramen Kiou & Pittarino @ Jurong Point B1

Post-Wedding Review: The Gown Warehouse (TGW)