Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Qoo10 & Daiso Finds For Wedding!

Hey all! 



So sorry that there was a huge gap between my previous posts and this. I was in Vietnam for a business trip and did not bring my laptop along.

As a continuation of my previous post where I introduced my Taobao haul of wedding items, I will be talking about the stuff I bought from Qoo10 and Daiso in this post.

No time to waste! We have shopping to do! Let's go!


Qoo10

Benefits of using Qoo10:

Qoo10 is my go-to when I need something fast. Qoo10 sellers often use QExpress, which is Qoo10's very own delivery service and they really are fast! Secondly, it is also easier for non-Chinese speaking users to shop on Qoo10 as most sellers can communicate in English, especially if they are local sellers. And thirdly Qoo10 often have coupons and you can also easily accumulate points for further discounts!


(Note: Qoo10 items change rather fast so there is a chance that the link does not lead to the item anymore. But as of the time and date when I wrote they are still up.)


So what did I get on Qoo10 for my wedding?

1. Nubra

  • What is it: Silicon paddings shaped like bras with adhesive that you can wear when you wear a low cut gown
  • Where I got mine: Qoo10 Shop
  • Type ordered: NU1010 Invisible Silicone Bra - Thickness Quintuple
  • How much I paid: SG$$10.45
Mine was the third, the Quintuple. Yep, 2 sizes UP. 

This particular type of Nubra comes with an additional flap at the sides, so I could do even more gathering of 'back fats' to the front for a fuller push and lift effect. This Nubra also stayed nicely through the day and did not move one bit. I recommended this to a few fellow brides and they sang praises about it too!

Tips on Nubra:

Do note that you will need to practise how to wear a Nubra before your wedding or photoshoot! It can be tricky for beginners and quite overwhelming to try to figure it out on the wedding day morning itself. Also, you should only wear nubras on squeaky clean and dry skin fresh out of the shower. Do not put creams on your chest area.

After practising, wash your Nubra with water and a bit of soap to remove the sebum on it. Let it air dry in a place where it will not come in contact with dust. Put back the plastic sheet on the adhesives after they have dried. If you lose the plastic sheets, you can try using cling wraps. Do the same on your wedding day after you change out of your gown to take a break before the dinner. If yours is a lunch, then it should hold on well till lunch.  


2. Fancy Wedding Ang Pao Envelopes

  • What is it: Ang Pao packets/envelopes for wedding
  • Where I got mine: Qoo10 Shop
  • Type ordered: Wedding Premium; Code 03
  • How much I paid: SG$3 for a pack of 2 pieces


These are slightly more pricey than normal Ang Pao packets and are not a must-have. But they are made with hard card boards and are really, really pretty. I got them to give to my bridesmaids and ring bearer (teenage girl), and used the remaining as decors on my wall!

3. Customized Bride Robe

  • What is it: Customized robe for bride to wear when getting ready
  • Where I got mine: Qoo10 Shop
  • Type ordered: LCV2-Cream; E02B Back Only (2-lines); T06 Pastel Pink
  • How much I paid: SG$35


My robe was cream, off-white coloured with lace on the sleeves. On the back I had my name embroidered on in pastel pink threads.




P Werkshop, the shop that sells this robe, were really efficient. The robe reached my door step, nicely wrapped, within 3 days! A robe like this is definitely not a must-have for your wedding. I wanted to just wear a nice romper and cardigan which I have, but since I am someone who wears robe everyday after all my showers, I decided to just get it and continue to use it even after my wedding.


4. Not exactly wedding but... Holika Holika Nose Pack STRONG

  • What is it: Strong nose pack for the stubborn black and white heads on your nose
  • Where I got mine: Qoo10 Shop
  • How much I paid: SG$12.50 for 5 pieces
Photo from pinkyparadise.com

These are one of the strongest nose pack black head removing stripes I've tried. I personally don't have as much blackheads but the hubs do so I got it for him before the wedding. And boy, do they work. Together with my trusty CORSX pimple pads, his skin improved tremendously before the wedding!

Please do be careful if you have sensitive skin! Even if you don't, do not overdo and only use these stripes once in awhile.


5. Innisfree Tone Up Cream

  • What is it: Moisturizing cream that will brighten up your complexion
  • Where I got mine: Qoo10 Shop
  • How much I paid: SG$15

Pictures from Innisfree.

Pictures from Innisfree.

If you read my posts about pre-wedding photoshoot, you would know that I made the mistake of forgetting sunscreen. Also, after my photoshoot, I was sent to follow a group of teenagers for their camps on Pulau Ubin. All these darkened my complexion and gave me weird tan lines.

If you want fairer skin on your wedding day but have no time for recovery, I recommend using this cream! Also, K-beauty products are much much cheaper on Qoo10 than in physical shops in Singapore.


Daiso

We all know Daiso is our best friend when it comes to shopping on a budget. A little tip: Japan's hot season for wedding is in June as they are very into the "June Bride" thing. So before June, there will be more wedding related decor.

Note that items from Daiso are all SG$2.

These are the items I got:

1. Photo frames

The one on the left is from Daiso. :) 


I wanted to add more essence of us being a couple in my room so I got some nice photo frames from Daiso. They are light weight plastic but they look great in photos!


2. Nanoblock



I got these wedding couple nanoblocks at Daiso! They are the cutest! There is also a wedding cake but I didn't get that.

The acrylic case and  the faux flowers I used to decor the back drop shown here is also from Daiso by the way. Now I put a small, cheap ring box inside to hold my engagement ring as my original ring box from Venus Tears are too heavy.


3. Faux Flowers

My theme flower was hydrangeas and I was thrilled to find faux hydrangeas at Daiso!



I did not get any fancy hangers for my gown, so I used the one from The Gown Warehouse and hang a hydrangea decor over. Looks good enough!


They added a dreamy and girly feel to my room. I personally prefer the light blue ones to the pink ones.


There are more and more wedding decor in Daiso nowadays. Like little flags or banners. So do check them out!

So that is all. I'm pretty sure I bought more things but my mind isn't working well. If I recall more I'll update this post!

Happy Shopping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Taobao Finds For Wedding!

Food Review: Ramen Kiou & Pittarino @ Jurong Point B1

Post-Wedding Review: The Gown Warehouse (TGW)