Post-Wedding Review: Makeup Artist Rayce Low

Today will be another vendor review!
 
For this post I will be reviewing on my makeup artist (MUA) Rayce Low. This is her Instagram, Facebook and she is currently under BeBlush Makeup Inc. I will also briefly talk about what to look out for during your makeup trials and for actual day makeup along the post.
 
Rayce was assigned to me as I signed a package with The Gown Warehouse, and chose BeBlush Makeup Inc out of all their MUA partners because the offer 1 free extra touch-up.
 
Though she has a really good portfolio on her Instagram now, Rayce was relatively new and didn't had much bridal makeup portfolio back then for me to browse. So I was rather worried at first (then why still choose right this greedy woman haha!). But now I am really glad I had her as my MUA.
 
Morning of my wedding day. Rayce was here at 5am.

As mentioned in my review of my bridal studio, The Gown Warehouse, Rayce did both my pre-wedding shoot and actual wedding day makeup.

Pre-Wedding Shoot

During my pre-wedding shoot, Rayce stayed throughout the duration of the photoshoot and followed us around even after doing my second look. Although I am quite familiar with makeup and can do my own touchup, it was still very reassuring with her around as it was so hot and I was perspiring a lot. My forehead was like a waterfall! And when you are busy trying to maneuver around in a heavy and poofy gown, you won't have the chance to do your own touchup.
 
During the shoot, Rayce also helped the hubs apply some light makeup. We didn't know she would do that so the hubs was very surprised. His first experience in wearing makeup! Haha!
 

Makeup Trial

Around 2 months before the wedding, I arranged for my makeup and hair trial with Rayce. We met up in The Gown Warehouse and had the trial there. Brought my Matron-of-Honour along. They didn't have a space for the trial so I was doing it where other brides can see me. They were all very curious and kept looking. Felt awkward at first but got use to it soon. Well, at least they can see how it is done. :)
 
Before the trial, I got myself a white tube top. This is so that I can have a more accurate look compared to my actual day gown. I strongly recommend brides-to-be to get a white top  that has similar cutting to your wedding gown's bodice!
 

I really need to work on that hunch back......
 
My tanlines from pre-wedding shoot still visible. Haha!
 
I love Rayce's hairdos! They look even better if you have highlights!
 
During the trial, she also let me pick the hair pieces I want. :)
 
Simple, natural yet still glam.:)
 
 
As I am using my own veil, I brought it along to try it on with the hairdo.
 
I tend to have very bad creasing under my eyes and on my left smile line. So I let Rayce know to work on those areas specifically. I also asked if she wants to use my concealer instead, and she is open for that! I heard some MUAs get offended if you ask them to use your own products.
 
After the trial, I left the hair and makeup on throughout the day to test it's staying power, then gave feedback to Rayce accordingly. Both the hair and makeup lastest quite well! There is of course creasing but light pats will solve the problem.
 

Actual Wedding Day

Rayce in my non-air conditioned, dark room. Hahaha. Poor her.
 
On the actual day, Rayce arrived at my house punctually at 5am. My room wasn't the best condition to be in as my house has no air condition at all, and it was quite dark. But Rayce had her ring light ready! So cool! She was sweating though, poor her.
 
She finished according to schedule even though she was asked to do some poses or paused for photos and videos.
 
 
After that, I met her again in my bridal suite to prepare for the wedding banquet. I was dozing off while she worked on my face! Haha! That's how relaxed I was. And she had to hold my head up. She only talks when she needs to, which is to my liking as I'm an introvert. Another good point is she don't hard sell any ampoules at all and there was no extra charge for eyelashes.
 
My morning look! Clean, natural, elegant. Love it!
 
Due to time constraint, Rayce helped me create a look that will suit with my traditional Kua and the white wedding gown.
 
 
 
I especially love this hairdo! And got so much compliments, especially from my female guests.
 
So pwetty!
 

 
 
Looks great with white gown too!
 
Second look! For the evening, she let down my hair into a mature style to suit the dark blue gown.
 
She also added smokey eyes effect and gave me a classic bold red lips.
 
She is very dedicated and stayed throughout my wedding dinner even though she could have left after completing my second look. She even got her husband’s help and together they recorded and edited short videos of both of my march-in. Too cute! It was a very pleasant surprise as we did not engage any videographer for the night.
 
Of course this extra service is not guaranteed and was done by Rayce out of goodwill. But at least I can assure you that with Rayce as your MUA, you will not be shortchanged or taken advantage of. She listens, remembers and is open to constructive feedbacks. Very humble and down to Earth. So I do recommend Rayce for bridal makeup!
 
Do note that there is early morning surcharge if you require Rayce to be at your location on your wedding day really early. I believe there is also extra charge for hair trial but the hubs footed the bill so... /beams/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Taobao Finds For Wedding!

Food Review: Ramen Kiou & Pittarino @ Jurong Point B1

Post-Wedding Review: The Gown Warehouse (TGW)