"Project Finally 58". Losing Weight Before Big 30!

Hi all! How's your week so far?

Today I will be writing about something non-wedding related for a change. But if you are trying to lose weight for your wedding, then maybe you can join me!



I'm going to start a "Project Finally 58", or Project F58 in short, where I aim to lose weight till I hit 58kg. And I plan to achieve that before my 30th birthday, which is in May 2020.

I set the goal as 58kg because it is my personal ideal weight and I know that it is the optimum for my height and body. I felt the best when I was 58kg. The lowest healthy weight I can go for my height is 51kg. But I don't think that is necessary. I want an aim that is healthy, achievable, and easy to maintain.

I understand that numbers on the scale really does not matter much (btw BMI is not that reliable too), and that muscles are heavier than fats. But I just want to work on the cutting first. And maybe after that I can start working on my body fat percentage (and yep I have a measuring device lol).

My Weightloss History


I was always on the heavier side since young, because I am slightly taller (I think I am 165cm but sometimes at clinics they say I'm 167 or even 168) and have broader frame than an average Singaporean girl. I had a colleague who commented on how I must have trained really hard at swimming to get those broad shoulders. Fact is I can't swim. Haha!

When I was 18 year old, I started working out and controlling my diet to lose weight. I would go run 10 laps at the stadium after classes in weekdays evening, run from Boon Lay MRT station to Jurong East MRT station and back on weekends morning. 

I also attended 2 hours worth of kickboxing classes every Tuesday. 

On top of that I was VERY strict with my diet, only allowing myself to have 1200kcal everyday. And no I did not factor in all the deficit from my workouts. No matter how hard I worked out, I still only allowed myself 1200kcal.

Such a crazy diet plan caused me to lose 10kg, till around 50-52kg. 

I felt healthy. Because I had so much stamina to run! 

Keyword: felt


Some time after losing those weight, I started getting sick and/or dizzy easily. And I started getting rejected when I try to donate blood, with the nurses telling me I need to eat well. 

I started wondering if I am doing the right thing. Am I really healthy and happy? I continued my daily run though. But soon after I started feeling sick after every run. Then one day after my run, my hearing went off, eyes blacked out. I was literally "seeing stars". After I regained some sight I rushed to the toilet and had a bad diarrhea. I was stuck in the toilet cuz I couldn't walk. And waited at least 30 minutes to recover before I could walk again to go home.

It was the worst.

I thought maybe I didn't drink enough water and was dehydrated. But it occured not just once, but at least 3 times!

That's when I decided to stop my crazy routine. I stopped watching my diet too. And of course, I gained back all the weight. Fast forward, I was 62kg for my wedding, and 4 months after my wedding, I am currently 64kg.

Plan


So, I have 6kg to lose. It doesn't sound like much, but as someone with experience I know that 6kg is hard to lose for someone who is at the brim of being overweight/only slightly overweight (in short, the more obese you are, the quicker weight comes off, but you will hit a plateau after those weight comes off).

It is now mid-October, which means I will have 7 months to lose 6kg before my 30th birthday. Which means I can go by the steady pace of losing 1kg per month, which I know is very doable and  healthy pace.

Slow and steady wins the race!

I do have abundance knowledge on Nutrition and Fitness, which I had no motivation to make use in the past. I know I know, I'm the worst. But I will now! So don't worry, I won't do anything extreme anymore.

So for a start I'll try to eat proper meals, healthier choice. And also dig out all my dumbbells and start strength training again. I am also trying to drink at least 1.5 litres of plain water daily, and take multi-vits.

I will do a bi-weekly update and label those posts with "Project F58". So if you are interested just check that Label out!

Anyone joining me? Let's do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Taobao Finds For Wedding!

Food Review: Ramen Kiou & Pittarino @ Jurong Point B1

Post-Wedding Review: The Gown Warehouse (TGW)