Feeling Overwhelmed? I Used These and Reduced Stress + Saved Time for Wedding Prep!


(Edit: I understand this post was getting long and messy so I did some editing. To find out more about my florists, please visit this post.)

Hello hello!

In today's post I will be talking about the things and vendors I used for my wedding that has helped reduced my stress and saved me time.

In my previous post I talked about my pre-wedding depression. After accepting it I started looking for ways to reduce my stress and save me some time.

I hope this one will be much shorter than my other posts because I know you brides-to-be have no time to waste! Let's chop chop curry pok!


https://giphy.com/gifs/nickelodeon-nick-cfl-cousins-for-life-JnAnDFn7WUkaRgWzf6


1. SingaporeBrides.com's Checklist/To-Do List

There are plenty of such lists on the internet. But I found this one the most useful (thank you Singapore Brides!). Reason being that this is localised for Singaporean weddings and includes things that might not be available on lists done by someone overseas.

So if you are wondering where to start, I suggest you save a copy of this list and customized it to your own needs by deleteing items that does not apply to you. I also suggests replacing the timeline headers like "7-9 Months/Primary Vendors" to a more specific one that fits your wedding. If 7 to 9 months before your wedding is May 2020 to July 2020, then put in "May 2020 to July 2020" in the header so that it's much clearer.

With this checklist, I also highly suggest you go ahead and start early. I assure you that near your wedding when you get to check them all off, it will feel sooo good. 

Don't worry about people who say you kiasu. You really need all the time you can have when you do wedding preparations. But be careful not to start shopping for random things. I had big plans in my head and did some Taobao shoppings, but some items were not used in the end. So plan early, but not shop on impulse!


2. Super Experienced Bridesmaids

I'm really thankful my two, and only two, best friends agreed to be my bridesmaids. One became my matron-of-honour while the other became my bridesmaid.

(Note: Matron-of-honour is like the leader of the bridesmaid, and is married. Maid-of-honour is the term if she is not married. My friend is married and very experienced so I gave her that title. But usually Singaporeans just have bridesmaids. So yes you can just call them bridesmaids, don't worry.)

Two very helpful ones!

I swear they played such big roles in my wedding and I couldn't have done it without them. I'm not saying the groomsmen did not help but my husband is the one communicating with them so at my side it's only the bridesmaids. My maid-of-honour especially, is so experienced as she was bridesmaids for a few weddings, helped her sisters' weddings and also  prepped her own wedding.

So if you haven't formed your gang (lol), consider having someone married as one of your bridesmaid! Though I understand for westerner that's taboo but we know Singaporeans are not really bothered by that. These experienced ladies could help you refine your plan and look out for things that you might have missed out.



Next, I'll introduce the vendors I engaged and things I bought.


They often say money cannot buy you health or time. Now it can! I used to be really frugal but now I've learnt that if spending some money (within your limit) can reduce stress and save time, why not?

But with that said, I do not agree with spending too much on your wedding. My wedding was still within budget and quite average.


3. Props & Crafts 

These guys are a life saver. Their set-up are gorgeous and they are VERY punctual.

When I first started planning my wedding in my head, I had all kinds of big ideas. I wanted a photo wall that I'll set up on my own. I even ordered a 3 metre long stand, a huge net to clip photos on, many many wooden pegs with heart shapes and all sorts of decorations.

Then I got overwhelmed by the things I need to do during preparations and on actual wedding day, fell into mild depression and lost my drive. I also realised how much work setting up the photo wall is. So I gave up that idea.

Also, as mentioned above, I only have 2 bridesmaids, who will be busy at the reception. I don't want to give them more duties of setting up the church reception table and the wedding dinner album table. And I also don't want to buy more decors only to use them for one day.

So I Googled and found Props and Crafts. They are a team who provides and even helps you to set up beautifully decorated tables etc for proposals, photoshoots, weddings, baby showers, birthday celebrations and more! Just look at the photos on their website!

My guests LOVED the tables! Especially this album table!

My guests sang so much praises for this table!

You can customise the message on the banner. 

Message cards and quotes provided by them too. All you do is print the photos and pass it to them!

For this album table, I got the upgraded premium package for $260, and added $150 for their team to set up the table for me. So that's $410. I know it sounds pricey, but I love it so much and saved so much hassle thanks to them. Btw the banner on top and the message in the frames can be customised! It's included in the $410.

And the one I got for my church ceremony reception:


Customisable message and names on Ang Pao box.



You can also opt to just rent the set, pick it up and have your own team look at their photos to set them up. This will save you $150.

4. Dashing Diva Magic Press 


I mentioned these press on nails previously in my post here. Some people might find them expensive because they only last around a week or two, when gel manicures lasts for months.



But if you are not fond of having manicures and only need your nails to look fab on your big day, then Dashing Diva Magic Press is a much cheaper option. They are around $14 to $25, depends on series and if they are on sale. While bridal manicures can easily costs over $100.


Bought two just in case! :)
Also, if you would like to change your manicures according to your gowns, then these are really useful too. Just apply some oil to remove the morning ones, then pop the new set on clean, dry nails.

The reason I bought these was because my previous manicure at some chain salon damaged and thinned my nails so they were chipping really easily. I ended up with really short, jagged nails and was upset about how ugly they looked. I didn't want to do extensions etc to further damage my already thinned nails so I just had a simple french then got these just in case. :)

5. Lashcious 

Lashcious is a home-based lash extension service by Shantel in Jurong West.

I had their extensions (9-12mm, C-Curl CatEye + Doll Soufflé black diamond) on for my pre-wedding shoot and emy MUA Rayce loved them! She said it made me look like I was smiling all the time.


My photos just don't do these beautiful lashes justice. So go check out her instagram. I'll definitely go back to her once my package with another salon finishes!

On her Instagram you will also notice that their lashes lasts really well.  This is because Shantel is really meticulous in her work. So no stress whether your lashes falls halfway through your PWS or wedding in the humidity and heat in Singapore!!


And the best thing is these extensions survived a 3D2N camp at Pulau Ubin (one night without shower), all the hiking, sweat and water activities. Power!

After the camp. Still pretty even after some shedding due to using clensing oil to remove thick make up after photoshoot + the activities at 3D2N camp.

6. Flat shoes 

If you are not used to walking in heels, then do consider getting flats for your wedding day. It will save you a lot of stress and blisters. And you need not worry about painful feet or walking like a duck while lugging your heavy and/or long gown.

My sparkling shoes from DMK.

For my wedding, I got my shoes from DMK. The faux gems on them are REALLY sparkly. Loved them to bits. They were $39 I believe.

Another reason I got flats is that I could wear them even after my wedding. :)

7. Kotex Overnight Pants

I call these my diapers. Lol. But hey, they were super helpful!
I was unfortunate enough to have my period visit me on the day before I have my pre-wedding photoshoot. And as girls we all know the 2nd day is the worse!
So although these pants are for overnight use, I used them during my photoshoot and they saved the day! During your photoshoot, especially if you go outdoor, you won't have the chance to visit the toilet. Even if you do, you will struggle as you will be wearing a heavy, poofy (or super tight, or both) white gown.
We all know white clothings and period don't go together.
So this overnight pants helped me survive the whole photoshoot and save me from stressing over possible leakage or stains.



And that's all! 


No matter what you do, please remember not to overspend and keep them within your limits. Wedding planning and preparation itself is stressful enough. Don't let extra spendings stress you even more.

Do you have any tips to save brides-to-be some stress and time? Do share them in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Brides Fall-in! Great Taobao Finds For Wedding!

Food Review: Ramen Kiou & Pittarino @ Jurong Point B1

Post-Wedding Review: The Gown Warehouse (TGW)